Top 10 Tuesday is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Things books made me want to do. here is my list.
- Go camping in an uninhabited island: I had grown up reading books by Enid Blyton, especially the Famous Five series. Looking back at it, I now think it was rather irresponsible of the main characters’ parents to let them do all they did….I mean honestly what kind of parents let their pre-teen kids camp out in a deserted island where criminals frequent every other time? However, those days I used to fantasize about it all the time.
- Play video games. I had never really been a gamer, but Ready Player One by Ernest Cline made me want to get into gaming so bad!
- Write fanfiction. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell totally reignited the fascination I had for fandoms and fanfic.
- Get in a fight. I am, like the most non-violent person you’d meet. However, reading about the Dauntless badassery in Divergent made me really want to kick somepne’s ass in a fight.
- Visit Amsterdam. I loved the description of Amsterdam in TFIOS, and I totally added that place to my bucket list.
- Revolt against the government. Don’t worry, I’m not going to do it. However, every dystopian novel makes me want to do that..
- Go on an internet detox. I recently read Girl Online by Zoe Sugg, and one of the main characters had mentioned that. I like the idea, and want to do that someday. Not anytime now, internet is all that keeps me going right now.
- Use an Ouija board. The beginning scene of the Mara Dyer trilogy featured an Ouija board, and that ignited my interest.
These are all I can think of, right now.