Top five Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Lainey@Ginger Reads Lainey and Sam@Thoughts on Tomes. Today’s topic is Top Five 2017 debuts you’re excited fr. So, let’s get started.
1. Caraval by Stephanie Garber: I’ve heard so much about this book, which seems to be super hyped up, and I’m really excited for it, because it sounds amazing.
2. Frostblood by Elly Blake: This is another hyped up book that looks really exciting. I think it is a YA dystopian kind of book somewhat similar to Red Queen. I have mixed feelings about Red Queen, so I wonder how this one would turn out.
3. The Hate U give by Angie Thomas: This is another book I’ve heard a lot about. I think it is about a girl who witnessed her friend being killed in a police shooting, and it is inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement.
4. Poison’s kiss by Breanna Shields: This book really looks interesting. I believe it is about a girl who has the power to poison a person by kissing them, and I am really excited for it.
5. Sad Perfect by Stephanie Elliot: This is a YA contemporary novel about a young girl who has an eating disorder. I’ve never read a book about that before, so I’m really excited for this one.