This is a book tag I’ve been seeing all over and I thought, why not do it. The original creator of this tag is Emmabooks on YouTube.
1. Totally should’ve gotten a sequel
SPOILER ALERT: I’d love to know what happens to the circus under Bailey.
2. Totally should’ve had a spin off series
The Inheritance Cycle is one of my all time favorite books, and I would have loved a spin-off about Angela the herbalist. So little had been revealed about her in the original books.
3. An author who totally should write more books
I loved Khaled Hosseni’s books, and I wish there were more. He definitely needs to write more books.
4. A character who totally should’ve ended up with someone else
I know this is going to be controversial, but in the Selection series, I was rooting for America and Aspen to get together. I thought the Maxon-America pairing was really cliched. Also, America had actually been in love with Aspen for two years, while she hardly knew Maxon.
5. Totally should’ve ended differently
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell is possibly my favorite YA contemporary, but I wasn’t a fan of how it ended.
6. Totally should’ve had a movie franchise
I think the Lunar Chronicles books would make some pretty epic movies.
7. Totally should’ve had a TV show
The heroes of Olympus series would make such a cool TV show.
8. Totally should’ve had only one point of view
After reading the first two books in Tris’s POV, I found the dual POV a bit difficult to get into. Though I do get that it would have been kind of difficult to write the ending solely from Tris’s POV.
9. Totally should have a cover change
I loved the book, but I’m not a fan of either of the covers.
10. Totally should’ve kept the original covers
The original cover is really pretty. The movie-cover is rather cringeworthy.
11. Totally should’ve stopped at book one
Uh,oh. Here comes another controversial opinion. I really enjoyed Graceling. I thought Fire was good, but I found it difficult to make the connection with Graceling. And I couldn’t get into Bitterblue at all.