April was a really good reading month for me. I read a total of 7 books, and I liked most of them. Here are the books I had read.
- Ballad of the Beanstalk by Amy McNulty. This was a prequel retelling of Jack and the Beanstalk, and was a fun, interesting read. Rating:3/5.Review
2. Manga Classics: Emma
Unfortunately, I did not enjoy this as much as some other of the Manga Classics, mainly because I had learned long ago that Jane Austen’s works aren’t for me. However, it did turn out to be a a good read.
3. The Sea is Quiet Tonight by Michael .H Ward
I don’t read a lot of memoirs. I had originally picked this up for a readathon. This was the really heartbreaking account of the life of the author and his partner who was dying of AIDS.
4. Zenn Diagram by Wendy Brant
This was a really fun, cutesy contemporary. Rating: 4/5.Review
5. The Leaving of Things by Jay Antani
This book followed an Indian teenager who returns to India after living in America for years. Unfortunately I wasn’t a fan of this book, mostly because of the main character who I felt was really whiny. Rating: 2.5/5
6. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews.
I really enjoyed this book. It dealt with a rather dark topic with humor, and while there were bits I did not like, it was mostly a really enjoyable book. Rating:4/5. Review.
7. The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
Which are the books you read in April? What are you currently reading?