I’m currently reading Rendezvous with Rama Arthur C Clarke, and I’m really enjoying it so far. I find older SFF quite enjoyable, as they tend to be hard SFF, and doesn’t have too much of drama and romance to distract from the main plot (not that I dislike drama or romance. It’s just that it is refreshing to read ‘hard’ sci-fi and fantasy sometimes.) I know there are downsides to them as well, lack of diversity for example. Nevertheless here are some of the older SFF I’m really looking forward to reading.
- 2001 A Space Odyssey by Arthur C Clarke’
2. The Foundation Series by Isaac Asimov
3. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K Dick
4. The Earthsea series by Ursula LeGuin
5. The Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffery
6. The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury